Finishes on Pipe Tees
Pipe Tees are available in various finishes. Some common finishes are like:
● Galvanized finish
● Nickel plated
● Black cast
● White coating
● Gold finish
● Electroplated etc
Features of Pipe Tees
● There are three female openings in a T shaped pipe tee.
● There are straight pipe tees which have the same size openings.
● Reducing pipe tees have one opening of different size and two openings of the same size.
● There are sanitary pipe tees which are used in waste lines. These kind of pipe tees have a curved branch which is designed for a clean out plug. They are used to prevent obstruction of waste.
● A cross pipe tee has four equal sized female openings.
● A wing pipe tee has lugs to fasten the fitting to a wall or stud.
● A compression pipe tee uses compression fittings on two or more ends.
● A test pipe tee has a threaded opening. This opening is used in conjunction with a threaded plug for a clean-out opening on a drain pipe.
Applications of Pipe Tees
Pipe Tees are widely used in various commercial and industrial applications. Industrial applications include: Chemical processing, Petroleum, Pulp/paper, Refining, Textile, Waste treatment, Marine, Utilities/power generation, Automotive, Gas compression and distribution industries.
Reducing tee is a type of pipe fitting in which the branch port size is smaller than the ports of the run. This type of pipe fitting can also consider size reduction from one of the run ports to the other.
For different applications in various industries, the reducing tees are available in many various combinations of sizes and configurations. Apart from the standard sizes, other unusual combinations of size can also be attained using component parts of tees, reducing tee and reducers.